Sunday 22 March 2015

Kill The Irishman

Part One:

  • I really liked the fact that this movie was from Cleveland was the most intriguing part of the movie. Overall, I kind of enjoyed the movie. I thought it got a little bit repetitive at times, though. I didn't like the fact that there was a lot of plot twists and sometimes I got a little confused with the movie.
  • I didn't really have a feeling from this movie. I thought it was really weird that he basically had a double life. On one hand he was married with children, and then the next second he is getting himself involved with horrible, violent people. I feel like the only reaction I had from the movie wasn't really about what happened with Danny Greene, it was mostly me thinking " wow I can't believe this was based in Cleveland." After the movie, though, I asked my dad about Danny Greene and we had a nice conversation about him. So that was nice.
  • Some lasting impressions from the movie definitely made me think more about what else has happened in Cleveland. I go to that building so many times for my orthodontist and my dentist. I NEVER would have expected something like that to have happened in that parking lot. I wonder what else has happened in Cleveland that I don't know about...
  • A content application to today could be how Danny has shaped the way gangs in Cleveland are now, and how they've evolved because of him.
Part Two:
  • I would describe Danny Greene as someone who was brave and was not scared to fight for what he believes in. Although he was involved in the wrong crowd, he never gave up even though so many people were trying to kill him. I think that he should not be defined by what he was involved in. I think that he has proven himself as a very strong and brave individual and I think that is how he should be remembered.

1 comment:

Burk said...

Me too! Cleveland, Ohio...really?