Monday 23 February 2015

War Horse

Part One:

  • I liked the emotional side of the story. As i've mentioned previously, animals are my life. I love them. So, any animal story, good or bad, is going to grab my attention. The bond between the horse and his owner was both heartwarming and entertaining for me. Obviously, though, I did not like the killings of the horses. I know that in order for this movie to even happen, horses needed to "die," but I still hated to watch them struggle and get killed
  • During the movie, I felt horrible. I HATE watching any type of animals die (and people, too). I also felt pretty upset that joey and his horse were not together, but still remained hopeful, I think that because this movie had an overall story of a boy and his horse, it made me feel good at the end of the movie when they were finally reunited.
  • Some lasting impressions that it had on me was definitely more of an awareness/concern for animals in war. Yes, people got hurt in war. And that is incredible tragic. But, animals were hurt too. This kind of makes me wonder what kind of medical treatment we had for animals during this time. Actually, it makes me wonder if we even had ANY medical treatment for horses during this time, or did we just let them die?
  • Does a horse count as an interesting character? This might be my 6th time mentioning this but i love horses and I think that the story of this horse making it all the way through this war was very interesting, yet pretty unrealistic. Nevertheless, the horses strength and bravery was awesome.
  • Some content applications to today really is how a special bond between a person and an animal really can be. I love my dogs and consider them a major part of my family. This also makes me really grateful that my mother treats our animals with extra special care, because I know they deserve it. 

No comments: