Thursday 16 April 2015

Apollo 13

Part One;

  • Space in general really interests me. When I was little I would always look through the telescope with my father, so I really liked the movie. I really liked when they went into space and they were looking out of their windows into the space and could see earth. This may seem cheesy but I honestly felt like I was in the spacecraft with them.
  • The movie in general made me feel really nice. When they landed in the water I could feel the tears, it was really emotional to watch them finally land after all they went through.
  • Some lasting impressions is that I definitely have some sympathy towards the people in Apollo 13 and everything they had to go through during their journey. 
  • Some content applications to today is to always do something that you want to do even if it is dangerous/people don't want you to do it. Either way, you will learn something from it. Hmm, I wonder if any of the people in Apollo 13 regretted their decision of going into space?
Part Two;
  • I definitely think that the moral or theme of the story is that you can accomplish a lot with teamwork. Without all of the workers on earth helping them, they would not have been able to land safely. Without my teammates in softball, we would not win games. It takes a team to win, not just an individual. I learned this theme through my high school life and will not forget about it. Teamwork is key when it comes to family or even friends in order to accomplish any goal.

1 comment:

Burk said...

Great power in teamwork for sure. It is a source of great confidence when you know they people around you are as dedicated as you!